Finishing Well (P1)
This past week, my father-in-law - Dr. David Spencer - passed away. He was 73yrs old and spent his entire life in ministry. So much of what I have done in my life was influenced by what I saw him do as an apostolic leader in both Panama and Nicaragua.
- He planted and pastored a healthy growing church.
- Out of his church, he planted many other churches.
- Everywhere he went, he personally raised up spiritual sons and daughters.
- HIs life was marked by the supernatural power of God and the flow of the Holy Spirit.
- He functioned prophetically and spoke 'words' for individuals and churches that were transformational.
- He had a passion for souls and won thousands of people to Jesus.
- He loved his wife and his family.
He would often say, in the last few years of his life, 'very few men of God finish their lives well. It's one thing to shoot up like a star and have a season of success. It's another thing altogether to remain faithful over a lifetime and to finish your race well. I want to finish well!'
This is also my passion. This year, I turn 54 years old. There have been many things that I have now accomplished throughout my life. But now, I aspire to be able to say like my father-in-law and like the apostle Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:7-8: